Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”)
Updated: February 11, 2019
You agree that you, your End Users and your Affiliates will not, and will not authorize, assist or enable any third party to, engage in any of the following:
- Violating any applicable law or regulation, whether local, state, federal, or foreign.
- Violating standards, policies or applicable guidelines published by the Communications Authority of Maldives (CAM) (including the Maldives Telecommunication Policy 2006 - 2010 and Maldives Telecommunication Law) or other generally-recognized industry associations; or other telecommunications or service provider requirements as communicated to you in writing by Message Owl.
- Damaging, interfering with, overburdening, or otherwise adversely impacting the availability, reliability, or stability of the Services or third-party systems or networks relating to the Services.
- Attempting to circumvent or break any security mechanism on any of the Services, or using the Services in any manner that poses a security or other risk to Message Owl, Message Owl’s vendors, any user of the Services, or any customer of any of the foregoing.
- Benchmarking, tampering with, unauthorized testing, reverse-engineering, decompiling, or otherwise using the Services in order to discover limitations or vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
- Engaging in fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading activity with respect to third parties (including impersonation of identity or identifiers such as phone numbers or email addresses) or otherwise bypassing legitimate identification systems.
- Using the Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about individuals, including email addresses or phone numbers, without their explicit consent or under false pretenses.
- Engaging in spamming, or other unsolicited, unwanted, or harassing advertising, marketing or other activities, including any activities that violate anti-spamming, data protection, or privacy laws and regulations.
- Offering or purporting to offer any services that allow a user to connect with emergency services personnel or public safety answering points such as 119, or equivalents.
- Using long virtual numbers to receive messages for the purposes of identity verification, bulk messaging, automated messaging, messages using automated dialing, and the like.
- Reselling, sublicensing, renting or timesharing the Services or any portion of the Services (including, without limitation, data received through the Number Insight or Verify Services) without Message Owl’s express, specific prior written consent. Any permitted resale is conditioned upon your obtaining, maintaining, and providing to Message Owl upon request, reasonable Know Your Customer information in compliance with applicable law for each of your direct and indirect customers using the Services, and may not be extended to anonymous users. Without limiting the foregoing, you must maintain the following information for each of your users using the Services: name, verified telephone number, verified e-mail address, method of payment, payment information, and IP address.
- Forwarding from a virtual number to a dead endpoint (i.e., if you forward from a virtual number, you must make a reasonable attempt to receive the message, as applicable).
- Bundling, aggregating or otherwise combining in any way any messages originating from any other telephone number, or engaging in group messaging; each number shall only be used for messages originating and terminating to such single, unique telephone number.
- Using the Services in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, or other devices or systems in which malfunction of the Services would result in foreseeable risk of injury or death of the operator of the device or system, or to others.
- Engaging in activities or, uploading, downloading, submitting, transmitting, distributing or facilitating the
distribution of, any information that contains “inappropriate content” in connection with the Services. Inappropriate
content includes, but is not limited to, content that:
- May be considered libelous, slanderous, defamatory, threatening, sexually explicit, vulgar, profane, obscene, offensive, abusive, malicious or otherwise harmful to any person or entity, constitutes or promotes “hate speech” or is otherwise discriminatory based on race, sex, creed, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, language, or age.
- Contains or transmits viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or similar destructive programming routines.
- Promotes, markets or otherwise relates to illegal activities or terrorism.
- Infringes on, misappropriates, or violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, patent, trade secrets, rights of publicity, and rights of privacy.
- Constitutes or relates to “adult services” or content of an adult nature, including, without limitation, content that contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Message Owl in its sole discretion.
- Comprises or promotes alcohol, firearms, or tobacco content, except where appropriate age-gating functionality has been implemented and such content is otherwise legal in the applicable jurisdiction.
- Contains sensitive financial or identification information or documents.